To search for a specific program, studio or teacher, change the VIEW AS to LIST and then under SEARCH type in the name.
- This event has passed.
Pranakriya Immersion Program
April 7, 2017 - April 9, 2017$250
Director(s): Yoganand Michael Carroll
Dates: April 7-9, 2017
Saturday 9-12:30pm, 2-5:00pm – Deep Meditative Posture Class
Explore the history of Pranakriya Yoga with a focus on Swami Kripalu – Learn 3 intermediate pranayamas and incorporate them into meditation.
Sunday 9:00am-12:00pm, 1-3:00pm – Gentle Yoga Class or Yoga Workout
- Learn about meditation
- Gain an understanding of horizontalist v. verticalist paths of yoga
- Ending yoga class with long meditation practice
- Friday $30
- Saturday $130 (includes Friday class)
- Sunday $130 (includes Friday class)
- Entire Program $220
Program Description: Spend a weekend immersed in Pranakriya Yoga. Explore postures, pranayama, meditation, history/philosophy and deepen your relationship with yourself.
Class Outline and Format
- Participate in a meditative posture class and gentle/exploration class
- Learn 2 intermediate pranayamas: anuloma viloma, and brahmari breath, and 2 kriyas: agni sara, alternate nostril kapalabhati
- Learn about meditation and practice 3 types of meditation: Adhara Point, Upanishadic non-dualist, and Surrender
- Explore the rich history of Pranakriya Yoga with a focus on Swami Kripalu
- Gain an understanding of the horizontalist v. verticalist paths of yoga
- Incorporate the pranayamas into seated meditations
Meditative Posture Class Description:
This is a meditative class with an emphasis on physical sensation and breath awareness. It is at a slower pace with longer holding of postures to raise prana, and uses basic postures. This class is suitable for all levels of students looking for a more internal practice.
Gentle Yoga Class Description:
This Pranakriya style class is appropriate for students new to yoga as well as elderly individuals and those with injuries. The focus is stress release and gentle stretching. It is intended to be a very internal class.