Coconut Ice Cream
(From the dairy-free & gluten-free kitchen by Denise Jardine)
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups coconut milk beverage
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon guar gum
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- toasted coconut to top (optional)
- Combine the coconut milk, coconut beverage, sugar, guar gum and salt in a blender, cover, and whirl at top speed until thoroughly blended, about 2 minutes.
- Place the blender jar in the refrigerator and chill for about 1 hour.
- Remove from the refrigerator and pulse the mixture to incorporate.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and process according to the manufacturer’s directions
To store the ice cream, transfer it to a plastic container with a tight-fitting lid. Place a piece of plastic wrap on top of the ice cream, cover and freeze. To serve, allow the ice cream to soften slightly to room temperature. Serve with toasted coconut.