Pranakriya School of Yoga Healing Arts is pleased to offer Pranakriya Kids School of Yoga (PK Kids), a Yoga Alliance-approved 95-hour Children’s Yoga Training to provide teachers with the tools necessary to teach yoga to children ages Two-Teen.
The first two PK Kids weekend trainings provide the foundation for how to teach children’s yoga to a variety of age groups and abilities through asana practice and breath awareness particular to Pranakriya, songs, stories and games.
The third module provides anatomical knowledge important to understanding children’s growing bodies along with the developmental stages that impact their growth.
The fourth module focuses on how to integrate yogic philosophy and ethics into a children’s yoga class along with skills for special group settings such as classrooms, birthday parties, and scout meetings.
Each weekend training includes a practicum requirement and homework assignments which will prepare students for teaching and make them eligible to apply for the 95-hour certificate through Yoga Alliance.
Non 200-hour students are welcome to attend; however, Yoga Alliance requires a 200-hour yoga teaching certification in order to apply for a 95-hour RCYT designation.
All modules are 20 hours
- Module 1: PK Little Kids (prerequisite for Modules 3 & 4) Available after September 2019
This 20 hour course with the intention of teaching adult students how to combine postures, games, stories, and songs to help teach kids ages 2-8 asana and breath awareness, balance, flexibility, strength and focus. Yogis, parents and teachers learned skills to “plant the seed of yoga” in young yogis, guiding these children to embrace, develop, and connect with themselves: body, mind, and spirit.
- Module 2: PK Tween to Teen (prerequisite for Modules 3 & 4) (available Spring 2020)
- This 20 hour course with the intention of teaching adult students how to combine postures, games, imagery, and chanting to help teach kids ages 9-12 & Teens asana and breath awareness, balance, flexibility, strength and focus. Yogis, parents and teachers learned skills to encourage a connection with body, mind, and spirit through yoga.
- Module 3: PK Kids Growing a Body: Anatomy and Development from Two to Teen
- This 20 hour course has guided the yoga teacher through the anatomy and developmental stages the young body experiences from pre-school age through the teenage years. Students learned how muscles, bones, brains, and skills develop over time. Trainees practiced and learned to cultivate safe and playful movement patterns for each stage of development. Students of the program understand the anatomy and development of growing children in order to safely guide them in movement, and have been provided opportunities for self-growth and personal reflection.
- Module 4: Making Yoga Philosophy Accessible For Kids (January 2020)
- This 20 hour course with the intention of building upon PK Kids and PK Tweens to Teens equips the yoga teacher with a variety of tools to explore and teach yoga philosophy and lifestyle in a kid-friendly manner. By learning age appropriate practice techniques, the adult student has learned to bring the essence of yoga to children of all ages. Students are be able to incorporate the underlying principles of yoga into a kids, tween, or teen yoga class. Through observation and interactive discussion, students can now look at ethical situations and offer appropriate responses for different age groups and various venues where children’s yoga might be taught.
MEd, ERYT-500, 95, YACEP, RCYT
MEd, RYT 200
Find us in these states:
Alabama • California • Connecticut • Florida • Georgia • Illinois • Maryland • Massachusetts • New Mexico • Pennsylvania • South Carolina
The Pranakriya School of Yoga Healing Arts is a non-profit educational organization dedicated to teaching the ancient and contemporary practices of yoga to enhance the lives of individuals.