Pranakriya School of Yoga Healing Arts is pleased to offer Pranakriya Kids School of Yoga (PK Kids), a Yoga Alliance-approved 95-hour Children’s Yoga Training to provide teachers with the tools necessary to teach yoga to children ages Two-Teen.
The first two PK Kids weekend trainings provide the foundation for how to teach children’s yoga to a variety of age groups and abilities through asana practice and breath awareness particular to Pranakriya, songs, stories and games.
The third module provides anatomical knowledge important to understanding children’s growing bodies along with the developmental stages that impact their growth.
The fourth module focuses on how to integrate yogic philosophy and ethics into a children’s yoga class along with skills for special group settings such as classrooms, birthday parties, and scout meetings.
Pranakriya Kids School of Yoga (PK Kids), a Yoga Alliance-approved 95-hour Children’s Yoga Training to provide teachers with the tools necessary to teach yoga to children ages two to teen. Non 200-hour trained students are welcome to attend; however, Yoga Alliance requires a 200-hour yoga teaching certification in order to apply for a 95-hour RCYT designation.
- Module 1: PK Little Kids (prerequisite for Module 4), 20 hoursThis 20-hour course teaches adult students how to combine postures, games, stories, and songs to help teach kids ages 2-8 asana and breath awareness, balance, flexibility, strength and focus. Yogis, parents and teachers learn skills to “plant the seed of yoga” in young yogis, guiding these children to embrace, develop, and connect with themselves: body, mind, and spirit.
- Module 2: PK Tween to Teen (prerequisite for Module 4), 20 hoursThis 20-hour course teaches adult students how to combine postures, games, imagery, and chanting to help teach kids ages 9-12 & teens asana and breath awareness, balance, flexibility, strength and focus. Yogis, parents and teachers learn skills to encourage a connection with body, mind, and spirit through yoga.
- Module 3: PK Kids Growing a Body: Anatomy and Development from Two to Teen, 20 hoursThis 20-hour course will guide the yoga teacher through the anatomy and developmental stages the young body experiences from pre-school age through the teenage years. Students learn how muscles, bones, brains, and skills develop over time. Trainees practice and learn to cultivate safe and playful movement patterns for each stage of development. Students of the program understand the anatomy and development of growing children in order to safely guide them in movement, and are provided opportunities for self-growth and personal reflection.
- Module 4: Making Yoga Philosophy Accessible For Kids (prerequisite is Module 1 or 2), 20 hoursThis 20-hour course builds upon PK Kids and PK Tweens to Teens and equips the yoga teacher with a variety of tools to explore and teach yoga philosophy and lifestyle in a kid-friendly manner. By learning age appropriate practice techniques, the adult student will know how to bring the essence of yoga to children of all ages. Students are able to incorporate the underlying principles of yoga into a kids, tween, or teen yoga class. Through observation and interactive discussion, students can now look at ethical situations and offer appropriate responses for different age groups and various venues where children’s yoga might be taught.
- Module 5: Final Practicum (prerequisite is Modules 1-4), 15 hours This 15-hour practicum will take place after the successful completion of modules 1-4. Students will be given work to complete, under the guidance of a lead teacher, including planning and teaching yoga classes for children. Details will be shared with the student once they have enrolled in their fourth course. A fee of $300 is associated with the Practicum.
MEd, E-RYT500, YACEP, RCYT
MEd, RYT 200
Find us in these states:
California • Connecticut • Florida • Georgia • Illinois • Maryland • Massachusetts • New Mexico • Pennsylvania • South Carolina
Creating a path to inner awareness through the practice of yoga.
The Pranakriya School of Yoga Healing Arts provides transformative yoga instruction rooted in Tantric Hatha traditions for the modern Western practitioner. We share these deep practices to enrich our community, creating a path to become more fully alive on and off the mat.