PROGRAM(S) I’M TRAINING TO LEAD: 1. The Bhagavad Gita. 2. Universe Inside the Body
FAVORITE FOOD: Ammoomma’s Theeyal with Chappathis (Ammomma is my grandmother on my mother’s side)
FAVORITE PERSON(S): My M&M’s as I often refer to them. Sweet and potent like the colorful gem candy. They are my husband Manu and daughter Meera.
WHY DID YOU JOIN THE DIT PROGRAM?
- because this intuitively feels like the ‘right thing to do’
- to share my spiritual journey with like-minded souls at PK
- to practice and teach the authentic principles of Yoga
- Writing/Blogging (check out My Yoga Journey blog)
FAVORITE QUOTE: There are many. Most often one sticks that I contemplate and practice on till I find another. Here is one that I have been working on-
“Watch your thoughts, they become words.
Watch your words, they become actions.
Watch your actions, they become habits.
Watch your habits, they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.
You are what your deep, driving desire is
As your desire is, so is your will.
As your will is, so is your deed.
As your deed is, so is your destiny.”
The practice would be to peel back the layers to go to the origin of pure consciousness that is hidden behind the destiny one creates for oneself.
FAVORITE TRAVEL DESTINATION: To journey inside, what an adventure!
WHAT ARE YOU READING RIGHT NOW? Lots of books, all Yoga-related. I also love reading the Puranas with my daughter. One I would recommend for all times, all ages would be the Indian epics The Ramayana and The Mahabharata. I still read them, never tire of them.
WHAT MUSIC DO YOU LIKE TO PRACTICE TO, IF ANY? The Music of silence and the rhythm of my breath.
UPCOMING PLANS/ GOALS YOU ARE EXCITED ABOUT:
- I am very honored to be doing the Bhagavad Gita Director-in-Training program with Pranakriya. Continuous learning of all aspects of Yoga keeps me motivated and excited to be alive. These practices connect me with my inner truth and help me to be fully present for this moment. Right now is all that matters.
- I am excited about the retreats (both individual and groups) that I am organizing to India, to the roots of yoga. As much as I am looking forward to sharing this journey with my Pranakriya family in October, I am also looking forward to hearing about the trips some of my clients are taking to Bhutan and Nepal this year. I look forward to organizing a group retreat to that part of the world.
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE WITH OUR PK PEEPS? YES – gratitude! Immense gratitude to this community of teachers and practitioners who have become my second family. On this spiritual journey, it is necessary to have guidance and I feel confident that I can rely on this community to support me 100%. And I hope someday I can serve you when you need a helping hand or a listening ear or an unbiased direction. To those that I have met – so glad our paths crossed the way it did. And to those I haven’t, hope our paths meet someday. Till then, grateful to have you in my beautiful Universe. Jai Bhagwan, Namaste!