The Pranakriya School of Yoga Healing Arts (PKSYHA) seeks to teach, support and serve yoga teachers and share high-quality yoga teacher trainings in the tradition of Swami Kripalu. This school is unique in that we are a community of yoga teachers democratically headed by an Executive Director and Board of Advisors. To ensure we continue to serve our community with full hearts, we rely on our skilled, talented and passionate committee volunteers to share our mission to provide transformative yoga instruction rooted in Tantric Hatha traditions for the modern Western practitioner.
Pranakriya currently has four committees supporting our organization. We hope to bring every voice and thought forward to support our mission and programs. If you have ideas, thoughts or observations you would like to share and serve our school, we hope you will consider joining us!
Finance Committee, Committee Chair: Melissa Campasino
The goal of the Finance Committee is to support the Pranakriya accountant and ensure our organization is operating with the financial resources needed to provide Yoga Teacher Trainings, Immersions and retreat opportunities to our community. This is PKSYHA’s most recently formed committee! Projects are ongoing and being established for implementation in 2021.
If you are interested in joining the PKSYHA Finance Committee, please email email@example.com.
Marketing Committee, Committee Chair: MaryFrances Vorbach
The goal of the Marketing Committee is to support Pranakriya’s fundraising efforts, marketing messages, and strategies to share with our community.
Our projects include:
- Brainstorming and implementing fundraising efforts
- Advising on the 2021 PKSYHA marketing strategy
- Overseeing and advising on marketing themes and ensuring they resonate with our community
- Facebook and Instagram lives (in planning stages)
- PKSYHA (in research stage)
If you are interested in joining the PKSYHA Marketing Committee, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Justice Committee, Committee Chair: Sarah York
The goal of the Social Justice Committee is to create an intentional space within our organization that is dedicated to social justice. We are committed to breaking down racism, and all forms of intolerance where it exists in our organization, in our community, and in the world. We are committed to celebrating and protecting the diverse community of PK. We are working to better ourselves and our work, and to create an equitable, inclusive, and diverse organization that truly serves the needs of all our members.
Our projects include:
- Identifying and correcting any systemic racist or otherwise intolerant practices in yoga
- Amplifying and celebrating the voices of BIPOC, LGBTQIA and other diverse voices in our community
- Curating and developing training that will encourage our teachers to develop a greater awareness of personal bias and appreciation for other narratives in order to ensure a more welcoming environment in which all of our students can thrive
- Sharing resources that will help us become more aware, educated, and actively socially just
- Collaborating with diverse voices to make our organization a space where all yogis feel welcome
- Many other ongoing projects
This will be an ongoing and collaborative effort. As yoga teachers, we want to actively and consistently assess ourselves and our practices to make sure we are providing the same opportunity for each other, our students, and our community.
If you are interested in joining the PKSYHA Social Justice Committee and want to be involved in these efforts, please email email@example.com.
Curriculum Committee, Committee Chair: Shelbi Miles
The Curriculum Committee is currently not accepting new members, as it is fully staffed by volunteers through June 2021. The goal of the Curriculum Committee is to provide oversight on all Pranakriya Yoga Teacher Trainings and materials, ensure the programs follow Yoga Alliance guidelines and recommend program revisions.
If you are interested in future opportunities with the PKSYHA Curriculum Committee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.