Chilled Avocado Soup
from Kimberly F. Moore – The Hungry Goddess Herself
- 4 large, ripe avocados
- 1½ cup coconut water (have another ½ cup in reserve)
- juice of 1½ limes
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- ½ cup chives & ¼ cup chopped chives for garnish
- 1 – 2 shallots, minced
- generous pinch of cayenne pepper
- ½ cup Walnuts chopped for garnish
- Slice and pit avocados and scoop out flesh.
- Place avocado, coconut water, lime juice, cilantro, ½ cup chives, shallots and cayenne pepper into a blender or food processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Add additional coconut water until you achieve desired soup consistency.
- Salt to taste.
- Chill before serving and add walnuts and a few chives to garnish.